We run classes from level 1 to 8 Mondays, Tuesday, Fridays and Saturdays during school terms.
Term Dates 2024
Term 1 – Monday 5th February – Saturday 13th April
Term 2 – Monday 29th April – Saturday 6th July
Term 3 – Monday 22nd July – Saturday 28th September
Term 4 – Monday 14th Oct – Saturday 21st December
- Level 1: Platypus (birth to crawling)
- Level 2: Wombats (crawling to walking)
- Level 3: Penguins (walking to 18 months)
- Level 4: Koalas (18 months to 2 years)
- Level 5: Wallabies (2 to 2 1/2 years)
- Level 6: Kangaroos (2 1/2 to 3 years)
- Level 7: Possums / School Readiness Stage 1 (3 to 4 years)
- Level 8: Emu / School Readiness Stage 2 (4 to 6 years)
GymbaROO Redfern is located at The South Sydney PCYC, 638 Elizabeth St, Redfern. Opposite Redfern Oval. We are a COVID-19 Safe business registered with NSW Health.
There is level access for prams and we have a change table. Our mat and waiting room is air conditioned.
We are 15 minutes walk from Redfern Train Station, across Redfern Park
We are also easily accessible by Bus with bus stops directly outside of the PCYC on Elizabeth st. buses 343, 355, M20.
For PCYC rules please visit the following link https://mailchi.mp/6c9a66d00be0/kym1dda1lv
In-centre 10 week term = $270
Here is what you get for your enrolment
- Weekly In Centre class
- Online Video class produced each week
- The comprehensive GymbaROO program for brain, body, emotional and social development. Est 1982
- Parent education by way of the parent portal. With weekly digital education & massage instruction sheets
- Weekly home activities with free music downloads
- Caring and supportive instruction by our trained GymbaROO teacher and assistant.
* Please note there is an additional $15 per year charge to be paid to the PCYC. This is a condition of using their premises. See PCYC rules https://mailchi.mp/6c9a66d00be0/kym1dda1lv
There is plenty of free off street parking on Elizabeth and Philip Streets and surrounding Redfern Oval.
"We love our Saturday mornings at GymbaROO! Bernie, Helen and Elena are friendly and fun for the kids. For the parents they’re passionate about early Childhood education and health. The set up is amazing and so much more then I expected. Safety is a priority when the kids are climbing, rolling and moving their bodies.
I enjoy mat time the most. Parents get to sit with the kids and participate, the GymbaROO team encourage the parents to learn from the exercises and helps us understand the learning and benefits from them. The support doesn’t stop there. Homework, followed up with weekly emails. Yes homework, fun activities that we can do to build on the fun from our weekly session and how we can stretch the little ones abilities making sure we’re making the most of what GymbaROO has to offer. We’ve enrolled again for next term and will be with GymbaROO Redfern for long time"-Jay
"The educators at GymbaROO Redfern are so knowledgeable and helpful. The gym equipment is challenging and fun. A great location with easy parking"-Joanna
3 week trial classes available from week 2 of each term.
Term 4 – 2023
Wk 1 – 9/10/23 – BLOCKS
Wk 2 – 16/10/23 – TEDDY
Wk 3 – 23/10/23 – PUPPET
Wk 4 – 30/10/23 – SPINNING TOP
Wk 5 – 6/11/23 – DRUM
Wk 6 – 13/11/23 – BALL
Wk 7 – 20/11/23 – PUZZLE
Wk 8 – 27/11/23 – HAMMER
Wk 9 – 4/12/23 – BOOK
Wk 10 – 11/12/23 – CHRISTMAS
Can I trial a class?
We do offer a 3 week trial package for $81 from week 2 of each term. Trials are subject to availability. Please note that your 3 week package does not guarantee a place in your class after your trial. A full term enrolment is the only way to ensure you can continue the program and get the best benefits.
Do you offer make up classes?
We allow 2 make up classes per term. Make up classes must be taken within the current term and cannot be transferred or refunded.
Do two adults have to attend with twins?
Yes this is a requirement so that each child has the assistance needed to facilitate the program
Can I change classes?
We can change your class but this is subject to availability and not always possible.
Can two carers attend?
Yes, 2 parents can attend
Do I have to attend the same time and day each week?
Yes, you enrol for the same class each week.
Can I do a drop in class?
We only offer term enrolments (anytime during the term) or a 3 week trial package.
Can I do more than 1 class per week?
Yes, we apply a 20% discount to your second class.
Is there a sibling discount?
Yes, we apply a 20% discount for your second child.